I am a sculptor by training and predilection. I make sculpture, I draw like a sculptor (3D images, not flat composition), make prints like a sculptor (process process process) and paint like a sculptor (it's all about material). I do a lot of architecture and furniture, which is just useful sculpture. Still, my work is not just sculpture - lots of painting, etching, drawing. At first blush it might seem like a lack of focus. Not so. All my work has the same hand, same taste, same treatment; only the formats vary.

I don't talk much about my work: my work speaks for me.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Current exhibition, Spring 2012

My wife Yukiko and I have a show at 80808 Gallery in Columbia, SC.  I am very excited to seeYukiko's work in public.  Please come to the reception on Friday, March 2, 2012.